With Hard Work, Comes Great Rewards
As author Ralph Ransom once said, "Before the reward there must be labor." And, here at Largemouth, we know firsthand that in the world of PR nothing is simply handed to you; you must earn it.
This is especially true for executing successful media relations initiatives in the competitive national, local and trade news industries. As difficult as it can sometimes be, all of Largemouth's strategic planning and diligent pitching pays off when noteworthy media mentions are secured for our clients.
Therefore, coming off the long Labor Day weekend, the Largemouth team is reflecting on the fruits of our labor this summer. From top national media placements to industry-leading trade media procurements, Largemouth has garnered significant coverage for our clients across the board.
Check out some of the top media highlights from the summer:
• Largemouth leveraged the Hooters World Wing Eating Championship and victory of top professional eater Joey "Jaws" Chesnut to secure coverage for Hooters on National Chicken Wing Day, resulting in more than 55 million media impressions across national, local and trade media, which promoted Hooters' all-you-can-eat wing deal on the saucy holiday.
• A motorcycle charity "ROO Ride" media tour has been cruising through the Southeast, raising funds and awareness for Kangaroo Express' Salute Our Troops fundraising campaign. For the third year in a row, the campaign has already reached its fundraising goal of $1 million weeks before the campaign end. Largemouth revved up loads of national and local media coverage for the campaign, just see for yourself in the national military magazine, Stars & Stripes, and this local interview.
• Sharing industry expertise positions brands as thought leaders and keeps them top of mind for potential customers. Working with a top broadcast outlet in Raleigh, Largemouth gave the local TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® franchise the limelight to reach its target audience and discuss best practices for hiring a moving company in this ABC 11 Money Savers segment.
• The Largemouth team is charged up about recent media coverage surrounding Eaton's Blackout Tracker, raising awareness for the impact power and electrical outages can have across the country. Leveraging unique data from Eaton's latest annual report, Largemouth has generated 10.9 million media impressions across national, regional and trade outlets, such as this BUILDINGS magazine article.
• Rolling out the red carpet for bedding company Kingsdown at the Las Vegas Furniture Market in July, Largemouth coordinated numerous trade media interviews at the industry's premier tradeshow. Largemouth generated more than 120,000 media impressions for Kingsdown surrounding the event, including the only local broadcast feature among industry attendees.
• Excited to introduce the Sensus iConA™ Generation 4 Electric Meter, that helps utilities realize the full benefit of a smarter grid through optimized data analytics, Largemouth worked to secure interviews with key trade publications surrounding this new product roll-out. Largemouth generated more than five million media impressions across national and trade outlets, including Electrical Business Magazine and Renew Grid.
• Largemouth gained recognition for a great cause with coverage of the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation medical grant program, securing interviews and placements in key local publications throughout North and South Carolina, such as the Charleston Post & Courier and the Greensboro News & Record, to raise awareness about medical funding for children in need.
• Largemouth has been working closely with CORT's style and design experts nationwide on targeted media relations and community outreach showcasing CORT's interior design expertise and charitable partnerships. Securing an interview with top fashion and home design blog, Bangles and Bungalows, resulted in a story on designing on a dime and was also featured on Lucky Magazine's contributor page.
With every effort comes a result, but it is the strength of the effort that defines the measure of the result. Looking back on a summer of hard work, Largemouth is proud of our media wins, which would not have been possible if it were not for the strength of our collaborative media relations efforts.
Our work doesn't end here, stay tuned for more great coverage of our wonderful clients!