Twitter Guide for Brands
As of September 2015, there are 289,000,000 active users on Twitter, according to the Statistic Brain Research Institute, and on average 135,000 new users sign up every day.
This is a huge audience to build brand awareness and connect with potential consumers of your product or service, but how?
Twitter isn’t just a platform to sell products, discuss real-time news or communicate with friends. It’s a way to build a relationship with your audience.
- Be interactive. Connecting with your audience on Twitter requires two-way communication. Whether you are a small business or a Fortune 500 corporation, it is important to reply to people who tweet you.
For example, our client CORT Furniture thanked a user who tweeted at the company. This short and sweet tweet proved to the user that you read their tweet and appreciated it.
- Be relevant. It’s important to know your audience and discover what matters to them. If you stumble across any information or articles that align with your company values and your followers’ interests, tweet it!
We do this every day for our client Sensus. For example, we tweeted an article about how aquifers are in crisis in the U.S. Even though this article isn’t specific to Sensus’ products, they shared it because it could be of interest to their target audience of water utility professionals.
- Be educational. Provide new information to your audience to help establish your brand as an educational resource.
UnitedHealthcare retweeted America's Health Rankings’ tweet about the rising cases of diabetes and obesity across the nation. By sharing this information with their followers, UnitedHealthcare provided knowledge of the epidemic while emphasizing the importance of maintaining good health and having healthcare.
- Sprinkle in promotions. Show your gratitude to your followers by offering exclusive promotions. Keep promotional tweets sparse, but effective, to make your followers feel like they get special treatment.
For example, Hooters offered their followers a $5 coupon with the purchase of a $25 gift card – a perfect deal for the holiday season!
Holiday shopping is a nightmare. We're here to help! Get a $5 coupon with every $25 gift card purchase. pic.twitter.com/dh5zN6WP4o— Hooters (@Hooters) December 9, 2015
- Show your personality. Determine who you are as a brand to maintain a consistent voice in your tweets, and have fun with it!
Our client MyEyeDr. does just that. Here, MyEyeDr. posted a #StyleSunday tweet to give followers a preview of their modern and chic selection of eyewear.
Twitter is a terrific tool for businesses, but it can seem overwhelming. Need help building relationships with your business’ followers? Learn more about how Largemouth can help: http://largemouthpr.com/services/.