Largemouth is currently seeking a talented PR professional to serve as an account executive at our growing agency. This position is responsible for:
- Execution of all tactical PR projects as directed including but not limited to: writing, proofreading, and editing press releases, pitch letters, backgrounders, articles, PR documentation, press kits, social media content and strategy and client meeting reports.
- Effectively and thoughtfully researching and executing all elements of the public relations plan; for example, proactive editor and analyst contact, meetings, press tours, trade shows, article placement, event planning and support and development of vendor bids.
- Understanding and demonstrating knowledge of client business, industry trends and competitive landscape; capable of program recommendations, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation in support of Largemouth’s standards.
- Setting priorities and managing workload for him/herself and account teams.
- Proactive customer contact, support, meeting attendance as appropriate, ensuring workable proposals and client receptivity to programs.
- Developing clear, concise, well-organized presentations.
- Fostering media and analyst contacts, pitching stories and preparing clients for interviews.
- Demonstrating innovative ideas, which coincide with marketing objectives; participating in brainstorming sessions.
- Support onboarding of new clients including recommending and setting up news monitoring protocol, sharing ideas for media and social campaigns and researching industry news.
- Preparing and updating activity reports. Keeping supervisor and client aware of account status at all times; supervising workflow of other account staff members (i.e. ACs).
- Assist with internal programs such as website support, blog, social media, recruiting, networking, new business research, etc.
- Co-managing internship program including hiring, onboarding, setting priorities, managing workload and review process.
- Four-year college degree in journalism, communications or related field.
- Minimum two years as an Account Coordinator or equivalent journalism, communications or vertical industry position.
- Proven writing, media relations and editorial pitching/placement experience.
If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.