Senior Account Executive
Largemouth is currently seeking a talented PR professional to serve as a senior account executive at our growing agency. The senior account executive is an enthusiastic, highly-adaptable and strategic individual responsible for leading account teams, developing and executing effective public relations programs on the accounts to which he/she is assigned. The senior account executive should have a demonstrated expertise in the building blocks of PR and the ability to strategically oversee accounts required of his/her role, while also being eager to contribute fresh ideas. The SAEI has programming oversight for approximately $300,000 in annual account revenue.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the management of one or more accounts, development of PR plans with innovative strategies and tactics, and execution per plan. These include: writing plans, releases, articles, PR documentation, press kits, reports; event planning and support; press tours; preparing clients for media and analyst briefings, advisory councils, trade shows; editor and analyst relations; article pitching; developing and maintaining vendor relationships; and other assignments.
- Understanding and demonstrating knowledge of client business, industry trends and competitive landscape.
- Capable of program recommendations, implementation, monitoring and evaluation in alignment with Largemouth’s standards.
- Regular contact with client counterpart and leadership in client meetings. Also deals with senior client executives as directed by supervisors.
- Setting priorities and keeping supervisor and client aware of account status at all times, while also supervising the workload of other account staff members.
- Demonstrating innovative ideas in workable proposals, which coincide with marketing objectives and ensure client receptivity to programs; participating in and leading brainstorming sessions.
- Developing clear, concise, well-organized presentations and ensuring account results are measured against the annual plan. Conducting six-month account reviews.
- Researching, developing, and tracking client budgets with supervision, as well as recognizing circumstances that can lead to unfavorable budget variances and ensuring non-billable expenses are minimized.
- Ensuring that each account team member has a clear understanding of expected performance and its contribution to the agency’s objectives. Also responsible for identifying the training and development needs of account coordinators and providing opportunities, which enable staff members to reach their full potential.
- Meeting individual forecasted monthly revenue and annual agency revenue goals, working with senior agency leadership.
- Assisting in new business activities of the agency.
- Assisting in executing and maintaining agency functions and internal programs, such as Largemouth’s website, social channels, recruiting, networking, internship program.
- Four-year college degree in journalism, communications or related field.
- Five to seven years public relations experience or equivalent journalism or client organization background.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and experience with media monitoring, design and social monitoring platforms like IQ Media, Cision, Meltwater, Canva, Sprout, Hootsuite, etc.
- Proven writing, marketing, planning, presentation, media relations and editorial pitching/placement skills.
If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.